Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jim Beam Red Stag Honey Tea

I really try not to review similar products back to back, but I haven’t been shopping in a while.



Review :

I was a little worried about another honey flavored liquor, because I have such a love hate relationship with the Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey. My worries were soon laid to rest as soon as I poured a shot. The aroma alone is amazing. Not too sweet, but distinctively honey. The taste was surprising, as it was not very overpowering either. You get a fairly subtle honey taste, but it’s mostly just bourbon. I am not sure where the “tea” portion of the name is coming from, but if it what they used to mellow out the honey, then I’m for it. I wound up drinking nearly the entire bottle in the course of an hour. Word of advice, do not turn the Royal Rumble into a drinking game. With this being 80 proof (40% alcohol by volume) it wasn’t very hard to get hammered. I got this for $16 just like the spiced Red Stag, it usually retails for about $18. Either way it’s a good value in my book. I got mine at Bevmo, but have seen this one at a bunch of grocery stores.


Breakdown :

The Bottle : Standard Jim Beam bottle. Not expecting it to look like a bumble bee or a honey comb, but a little variation other than a label change would get some extra points.

Score : 5

The Taste : This type tasted great. I would even say that I liked it better than the Spiced one, just because I really didn’t need a chaser. I enjoy cinnamon, but after a certain amount of time it got to be too much. The way that I knew I was getting to the end point with this one was that I passed out on the couch for a while.

Score : 25

The Buzz : Granted, my buzz was the result of knocking back an insane amount of shots in a short amount of time. It was a great buzz though. I was still able to walk, which is a good sign, and as far as I know I didn’t spill anything, puke, nor did I piss myself. So A+++.

Score : 25

The Cost : I know that for the Spiced variety I only gave 20 points. Like I said, for both of these, the price that I paid was a good value for their quality. I am giving this one the full 25 points because I did like it better than the Spiced one.

Score : 25

Total Score : 80

I would seriously recommend this stuff highly, even if people aren’t huge fans of bourbon. I am getting it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment