Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pearl Vodka

Yes another vodka. I can’t help it, I love Vodka.




Review :


So this was actually a recommendation from the guy at the liquor store. I have to say that I was a little surprised by it. There was not real initial taste to it. Which you would think would mean that it’s smooth, but there is a very distinct aftertaste that I can’t put my finger on. Either way, it did make for a good mixing vodka. I found that it went great with orange juice, as well as those carbonated cranberry juice deal you can get at the grocery store. Pearl comes in at 80 proof, or 40 percent alcohol by volume and is distilled five times to create that clean mouth feel I described. It should be noted that since this is a Canadian vodka,  I guess that means that it is distilled from wheat as opposed to potatoes or rye. It has a cork top instead of a screw top which is cool. I have pretty much only seen this stuff at the liquor store by my house, and Rite Aid. I have only had the 1.75 liter bottles, but they do have 750ml bottles available. At the time that I got mine, the size that I had was only about $18, but prices have gone up recently. They also used to attach a set of bottle shaped earrings to the larger bottles, so this may or may not be an indicator of it being a more feminine vodka.


Breakdown

The Bottle : Pearl has a standard and very plain bottle. Basically the only thing that changes is the label depending on the flavor. Oh, and they do have an interesting variety of flavors. They also do have the cork top, which is always a winner in my book, and the earrings were kinda cool.

Score : 10

The Taste : I am only able to handle about 2 to 3 shots of this stuff straight up before I start getting that weird taste I was talking about. However, it is a great mixer, so I think that kind of makes up for it.

Score : 20

The Buzz : I get a fairly good buzz from this stuff. When I was getting it more often, I was usually able to knock back about half a handle in two hours or so, and just coast the rest of the night.

Score : 20

The Cost : Where I get mine from, it is only about $18 a bottle. I haven’t seen any places recently where you could get it for less that $22. So I would shop around.

Score : 10

Total Score : 60

I’d say to at least give this a try, I am going to look for their Apple Pie flavor, because that sounded pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment