Thursday, February 28, 2013

Jose Cuervo Especial Gold

Since it is technically still cold and flu season, I figured, I’d just be lazy and review my cure-all this week.



If you need any proof to the effectiveness of this product, I have not had a cold or the flu in nearly six years. Every other ailment I have ever actually contracted, like food poisoning, have all cleared up in a single night. Tequila, according to my Grandma who is more awesome than yours, is an old Mexican remedy. She drinks it to cure everything, and so do I. So why Cuervo Gold you ask? I have no clue. It’s just what I grew up with. I’m sure if you want to be a complete snob, you can go with a top shelf tequila, but for me it will always be the Cuervo. If you go to the Cuervo website, it says that this is supposed be sweet, with hints of agave, and some vanilla and oak. I call BS. Except for the agave obviously, but there are no hints of vanilla or oak, nor is it particularly smooth. I am able to chug this stuff because I have developed a taste for it. For everyone else, it is basically just the stuff that you mix into a margarita. I usually just drink it with orange juice or coke. This does come in at 80 proof or 40% alcohol by volume, and is probably one of the most readily available product I have reviewed here because damn near everyone that sells liquor carries it. The standard 750ML bottle ranges in price from $20 to $12 depending on where you buy it and whether it is on sale.


Breakdown

The Bottle : This is the gold variety of the “Especial” line of Jose Cuervo, so the bottle looks identical to the silver, but these two have some fairly subtle differences from the rest of the Cuervo family of products. So for not doing the exact same thing over and over again like Smirnoff, I’m going to give some extra points.

Score : 15

The Taste : Like I said, it’s kind of an acquired taste to be drinking it straight up. If you mix it with other stuff, it’s pretty enjoyable, but most people only really get this stuff in a margarita.

Score : 20

The Buzz : I usually polish off an entire bottle in a night, so getting a buzz is no problem. One thing I do notice from this brand of tequila is that I do have more of a tendency to black out, so that may be something to keep in mind if you ever want to try and get on my level.

Score : 20

The Cost : Depending on where you go, it can be either way overpriced or extremely cheap. So keep an eye out.

Score : 15

Total Score : 70

As for it’s ability to speed up my recovery time, I usually get a 750ML bottle, 2 bottles of Fruit Punch Powerade or Gatorade, and a big bottle of water. I’ll usually drink about half of the bottle of water, wait about a half hour, start drinking the Cuervo with the Powerade as a chaser, and once the bottle is finished, drink the rest of the water periodically. It also helps if you have a really thick blanket and a hoodie to sleep in. You’ll be right as rain in the morning.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment