Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pinnacle Vodka

I already reviewed a bunch of the flavors, so why not review the original?



Review :

I’ve found myself drinking a lot of this vodka lately. Mostly because of financial reasons, but luckily price doesn’t always dictate quality. I am obviously a big fan of the flavors of Pinnacle, but hadn’t really had too much of the unflavored variety. Luckily, the liquor store by my house started carrying it, so I was able to try it. As far as plain vodkas go, I have to say that this is quality stuff. Fairly smooth, no real burning sensation as you drink it, and decent finish. The store that I get it from also happens to sell my favorite line of lemonades, so I found that it pairs extremely well with black cherry lemonade, and Hawaiian Punch. Since it is not flavored it does come in at 80 proof, or 40 percent alcohol by volume. I have found this one at damn near everywhere I’ve shopped for liquor, so there should be no problem finding it.


Breakdown :

The Bottle : Pinnacle has a standard bottle, so there isn’t much going on there.

Score : 5

Taste : I like the way it tastes. Like I said, it tastes great with a number of mixers, but its not to harsh that I would even need a chaser.

Score : 25

The Buzz : Since it pairs so well, I found myself drinking it fairly quick, so getting a buzz was not a problem. I’m usually a happy drunk when it comes to vodka buzzes, this is no different. I don’t get hangovers, so that’s not really a problem in my case.

Score : 25

The Cost : Again, price is no real indication of quality. If you look this up on the BevMo website, the average price for a 750ml bottle is only about $10. The liquor store I frequent sells it for about $11, so you’re getting a good product for a decent price.

Score : 25

Total Score : 80

So now I think I’ve gone through every Pinnacle product I can find within a 5 mile radius.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment