Thursday, November 8, 2012

Kah Tequila Blanco

Told you I was going to try it.



Review :

So when it comes to tequila, I am usually either a fan of the ones that you can sip in a glass, or the ones that you can have a shot with your dinner. This would be the latter. I always love tequila blanco with a plate of enchiladas, and having bought this bottle on sale, I wish I would have had some. Instead I drank it while watching Monday Night Football. This stuff have an excellent mouth feel, very smooth taste, and a bit of a spicy after bite. Like the other Kah editions, the bottle is decorated in a “Day of the Dead” fashion, this one being all white with black markings on it. This one only comes in at 40% alcohol by volume or 80 proof, so it it very standard on that level, but the taste is that of a more premium product. My bottle was about $44 at BevMo, but you can find it online. I have found that if you do find it cheaper at an online retailer that the shipping costs often outweigh the savings on the actual cost.


Breakdown :

The Bottle : Possibly my new favorite bottle as far as the decorations are concerned. Possibly because it resembles Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas so much. Either way, it looks freaking awesome.

Score : 25

The Taste : Great mouth feel, smooth taste, and a peppery after taste. If this as a description of a tequila doesn’t make you want to order some Carne Asada, I don’t know what will.

Score : 20

The Buzz : This stuff made me a happy drunk. Not the reaction I usually get from tequila, so that was a welcome surprise. The buzz was very fluid, and kind of snuck up on me.

Score : 15

The Cost : With this one being $44, and the other 2 from these guys that I have tried being around the same price, if not a bit more expensive, you can tell that it is a premium product. Honestly, if this one had been about $10 cheaper, I probably would have bought 3 of them.

Score : 10

Total Score : 70

There is apparently 1 last tequila from Kah that is floating around there. If I am ever able to afford it, I’ll probably post a review. Unless someone out there wants to send me a bottle, that would be nice.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment