Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pinnacle Vodka Appreciation Month : Week 5 : Tropical Punch

Closing out our first “Themed” set of reviews this month, will be one of the flavors I was a little surprised with, Tropical Punch Pinnacle Vodka.



Review :

So, the reason that I have to say that I was surprised by this one was because of the drink ability. Some of the other flavors like the cookie dough and the whipped cream flavors of Pinnacle were not very good to me when I drank them on the rocks. This one however is a different story. It has the usual smooth flavor I had come to expect from the Pinnacle brand, was very sweet, and had a variety of fruit flavors. I could have easily sipped the whole bottle, but would have probably never gotten a buzz. So, I tried some mixes, and found them equally enjoyable. This flavor works extremely well with Sprite, and with Hawaiian Punch. Needless to say, the bottle was gone in about an hour. This along with the cherry were easily my two favorites that I have been able to get. In fact, try mixing a shot of the tropical punch and a shot of the cherry in a glass with ice, and fill the rest of the glass with Hawaiian Punch. It is awesome. Same as before, this flavor comes in at 35% alcohol, and is available at BevMo, or you can find who has it in your area on their website.


Breakdown :

The Bottle : Standard bottle for all Pinnacle products.

Score : 5

The Taste : Like I said, probably my favorite flavor along with the cherry. I think that these two should definitely be on the top of your list of flavors to try if you have never had Pinnacle before.

Score : 25

The Buzz : If I had just stuck to sipping this flavor, I probably wouldn’t have gotten a buzz at all. However, switching and drinking it with Hawaiian Punch allowed me to polish off the bottle before the credits rolled on the show I was watching. Very Mellow buzz.

Score : 25

The Cost : Once again, $12 for ClubBev members. Honestly, considering the possible uses for this particular flavor, that is a steal.

Score : 25

Total Score : 80

So concludes the first ever “Pinnacle Appreciation Month”. Maybe next year we will highlight a different product, or if more flavors become available to me, just make this an annual thing.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment