Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pinnacle Vodka Appreciation Month : Week 4 : Gummy

Haha, bet you didn’t know that this flavor was out there. Unless you checked the website out and saw all the flavors that Pinnacle has. In which case I’ll call you a cheater. Nonetheless, I present you with the Gummi review.






Review :

I am a huge fan of Swedish Fish. For some reason, every time that I mentioned this flavor to friends, they thought I was talking about a vodka that literally tasted like fish. I am sure that exists too, but was a little disappointed that nobody knew anything about the damned candy.  Needless to say, I had to try it. I took a shot fresh out the bottle, and wow. It tasted dead on a hand full of the freaking candies. I decided to keep the drinks simple because I don’t know that the flavor would go well with anything else, so I spent the rest of the night drinking this stuff with Sprite. Again, this flavor comes in at 35% alcohol. I have been able to find it on the shelf at one of the BevMos in my city, but it is available to ship and you can also buy it on the Bevmo site and have it ready to be picked up from the store.


Breakdown :

The Bottle : Standard Pinnacle Botlle.

Score : 10

The Taste : Unless you are a fan of the Swedish Fish candy, you probably aren’t going to like this one. I enjoyed it with Sprite, but am going to have to try some of the recipes I have found online.

Score : 25

The Buzz : Once again, able to finish a whole bottle, and a very mellow buzz.

Score : 25

The Cost : Still, just $12. It pays to be a Club Bev member.

Score : 25

Total Score : 85

Like I said, this one isn’t going to be for everyone, but if you like the candy, you will probably like this one. I did find a drink recipe online that is supposed to make a drink that tastes like the watermelon flavored Sour Patch Kids, so I’ll have to try that out and report back.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment