Thursday, July 19, 2012

Jack Daniels Tennesse Honey

Yes, another Jack Daniels product. Slow news day.







Review :

The first time I tried this flavor of Jack, it was actually one of those gift sets that I received for Christmas. What can I say? My family knows what I like. Anyways, this is yet another victory for Jack Daniels. When I saw that it was supposed to taste like honey, and actually does, I have to give credit. This stuff taste like straight honey. So much so, that I got a major sugar rush once the bottle was finished. If you are a fan of Honey, you could probably drink it straight. Surprisingly, I did not like it too mush with my standard bottle of coke. I did however enjoy it a lot with some unsweetened tea. Seriously, one or two shots in a Snapple, and you’ll probably be set. This stuff is incredibly smooth too. You don’t get a weird after taste like you do with some other flavored liquors. It rings in at only 35% alcohol or 70 proof, but its easy drinkability makes it easier to catch a buzz. I have seen it everywhere that sells the original Jack, including BevMo, so you should have no problem finding it.

Breakdown :

The Bottle : Unlike the Gentleman Jack or the Single Barrel, this product comes in the same style bottle that the original Jack comes in. The only thing that is different is the label. Instead of the classic black label that the other kind has, this one has a white label with a bee on it.

Score ; 5

Taste : True to it’s name, it tastes like honey. I didn’t like it too much with coke or root beer, but it tasted great with tea. I did notice that the honey taste did die off pretty quick once I drank the sodas, but mixing them didn’t have very good results. It’s extremely smooth, which makes drinking it straight much easier.

Score 25

The Buzz : The buzz itself was a good one. I enjoyed it. The next day was an entirely different story. I don’t get hangovers, so that wasn’t an issue. The problem was the weird, sugary feeling I had in my stomach. It was the same feeling you would probably get from eating a jar of honey. I wouldn’t know, I’m not a bear.

Score : 15

The Cost : This stuff will cost you about the same as a regular bottle of Jack. Which actually kind of bummed me out because on the lower alcohol content. You would think that the stuff with the higher alcohol content would be more expensive. Either way, depending on where you get it, you are looking at about $18 for a 750 ML bottle. I haven’t seen it in a 1.75 L bottle, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t make it.

Score : 15

Total Score : 60

This brand tastes great, the only real draw back is that sugary crash feeling you would probably get the next day, and that it could be a little bit cheaper. I mean, if this were being sold for $2 cheaper, it would probably have gotten a full 25 points on the cost scale. Also, try changing the bottle. It doesn’t have to be all cartoony and be in the shape of a bee like some kind of alcoholic Mrs. Butterworth, but you could make it stand out a bit more than just changing the label color.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment